Hiring a Campervan in Kerry: all you need to know.
- Please look at our terms and conditions first as there are some restrictions on who can rent our vehicles. The next step is to get in contact with your proposed dates for hire. We will confirm AVAILABILITY by return email. A booking deposit of €300 is required along with completed booking form and a copy of both sides of your full licence (and Passport if from outside Ireland and UK) and recent utility bill to confirm address. We will then confirm the booking. The balance of booking is payable six weeks before hire date. A security deposit of €1000 is required at the time of hire and is refundable upon return of vehicle provided there is no damage or penalties (speeding fines/tolls/parking tickets). Credit Card transactions will incur a two percent transaction fee. If a booking is made and agreed at short notice (under six weeks) all payments and documents must be received at time of booking. If you have any questions please give us a call and we will help guide you through the process.
- No booking is confirmed until Wild Way Campers issues confirmation of all documents and payments set out above.
How can I get to Kerry?
- Kerry is well serviced with transport links. Kerry International Airport has daily flights from UK and Germany and seasonal flights from Spain (Alicante) and Portugal (Faro). There is also daily domestic flights to and from Dublin. Kerry International Airport is approx 40 mins by Taxi from our base in Castlegregory.
- Cork International Airport and Shannon International Airport are both 2 to 2.5hrs away from our base. Allowing four to five hours for travel by public transport from both airports is advisable to Tralee, Co. Kerry.
- Kerry is well serviced with both bus and rail links from Dublin, Cork and Limerick (Close to Shannon Airport). Again the final destination if travelling by public transport is Tralee.
- Local buses run from Tralee to Castlegregory and also Tralee to Dingle.
- Travelling by road from Dublin take M7 to Limerick and from there follow signs for M20 and then on to the N21 (Tralee). From Tralee follow signs for the N86 (Dingle) and turn off for signs R560 (Castlegregory, Conor Pass).
- From Cork take the N22 through Killarney and onto Tralee and follow directions above for Tralee to Castlegregory.
- If you need help with information on transport please let us know at the time of booking and we will do our best to help.
Where can I collect the Campervan?
- Collection of campervans is from our base in Castlegregory. We can provide onsite parking for one car (at owners risk) per rental.
What age do I have to be to rent?
- Our insurance covers drivers with full clean drivers licence from 25yrs old to 70yrs old subject to terms and conditions.
Can Delivery of Vehicles be arranged?
- We can arrange vehicle drop off to certain locations. Please email for further information. Some location will incur a surcharge.
What type of vehicle are the vans?
- The vans are modern Volkswagen Type 5 campervans. They are compact vehicles which are not to be confused with Motorhomes. The vans are easy to drive, economical and handle well on Irelands smaller roads.
Are there toilets and showers?
- Our vans do not have showers. Chemical toilets (portable) can be provided per hire and there is a surcharge for this. Please note that it is important to return toilets emptied and clean as failure to do so will incur a cleaning charge quoted in terms & conditions.